View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bdiddy5522

I understand your frustration. You feel like you should be rewarded for doing so well. On the flip side, you have to see their point as well. Health care is getting ridiculously expensive, and they are doing everything they can to keep costs as affordable as possible. That being said, it isn't fair to those who take care of themselves to be footing the bill for those that choose to live un-healthy lifestyles.

It is a form of socialized medicine. Those that can pay are paying for those that do not. That is exactly why we see so many people come to the ER with sore throats. They have no intentions of paying the bill, and they can't go to the regular clinic because they have un-paid bills, etc. The ER HAS to treat them, no matter what. Hence, we all see sky-rocketing prices.

There is no easy answer, but I think it is time the people who take care of themselves get rewarded for that, instead of punished by paying for those less healthy people.

Just my opinion, and I hope you don't feel I am picking on you. Just the way it is.