View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thiskidknows

can u go it alone?

Is it possible to quit on ur own?

I have a drink and drug counsellor, started seeing one last wk, the other few weeks ago..

but what about in "real time"....can u quit without daily support, without somone to turn too when u need a fix, when u need a drink, oe just someone to talk too...be it 5 mins after making a call, or 5 hours? (not saying every second of the day...!)

Just wondering...cause when I had someone there, it was easier to stop drinking, to stop using cause just knowing she was there if i needed help, and also her reminding me "your getting back to where u was" was like a reality check...now i live on my own, I am my own worse enemy. I used to only use when I wasn't working, yet now even at work I will take a few lines (won't explain as don't think thats right).

I was just wondering that's all...cause the only time i've got things under control is when I've known that there is someone there at the end of the line that i know, and that i wouldn't have to say anything to, but would know that I needed to hear a voice i knew, and a reality check....

sorry if that seems dumb, that's the person I am. sorry