View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 12:29 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
worker

Still going!

Hello All!

So far November 2009 is becoming a special month. Thanks for all the support and comments.

I was tempted yesterday. my drinking friends are wondering where am I and whats up with me. This weekend is a "party" weekend since friends from home are visiting the city where im currently living. Fortunately I am not hosting. I had to play dumb and did not answer my phone last night. Probably not the best approach but it worked...I did not drink; although i really wanted to go out.

Tonight is another difficult day...Im not sure I can avoid everyone again. But I feel strong!

I could try taking a date out, that way they wont pressure me to drink. Although...I am not used to dating without the booze that gave me an "edge" or so I believed.

Day 14 and grateful for these amazing days. Im going through some difficulties but Im in a better place than when everything was nice and easy...and I owe it to being sober!

as usual I am asking my Sober Recovery friends and november team:

Help me stay strong and in the good path! I am grateful for having all of you watching my back.