View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 05:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bumpkin

Orrite Bro! get one thing straight in your head - you gotta stop NO matter WHAT. It has to be a solemn promise, a firm conviction, not to God, not to Ma or Pa, but to yourself.

Recovery begins in the mind and the first month is very critical. If you get past that minefield, you'll gain confidence and resolve. Here's what I did. I watched a lot of videos on youtube. Whenever I would feel the cravings, I'd watch something....mostly military or patriotic videos. It would pump me up and take my mind off booze. I'd also eat a lot of chocolate!

This is a fight. A fight against yourself. Your brain will play terrible tricks on you. Make you feel like ****, give you excuses to take "just one last shot" etc. But you'll have to fight back. The brain is like a monkey. Sure it'll bounces here an there, but if you are firm, it'll learn and sooner than you know, you will recover completely and live a normal healthy life!

Listen. You are not alone. Each one of us here, respects your decision to quit and we are here to support you in this struggle every day.

"Their's Strong, Then their's Army Strong. But finally, their's Recovered Addict Strong!!"