View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 10:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Alera View Post
I'm another "no day" counter. Its actually been counter-productive to my recovery to count days as I am prone to relapse around anniversaries.
Yup. "Yay! I reached a month! Let's have a beer to celebrate." Not exactly helpful.

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post

I've been crying more easily lately...I didn't cry much at all while I was drinking...and sh!t, I'm crying nearly every time I go into therapy.

Be easy on yourself, gneiss. Maybe get some more pictures of fossils? I like seeing those. Go for a walk? I should take my own advice...I need to get some exercise..
Bam, I cry all the time, sometimes for no reason. It's really starting to get to me. Things were looking up for a while and suddenly *wham!* here come the crying fits again. It's exhausting.

Originally Posted by Asta1 View Post
Gneiss, Do you have activities in the day to keep you occupied, e.g. working? What about the evening? I'm newly sober but I can already feel the difference in my attitude, altho historically I get bitchy at about 2 weeks without a drink. I am actually thinking about sending my somewhat estranged sister a Xmas gift as a sort of peace offering. I have a treadmill at home and I try to use it every day, at a good clip. Getting good and exhausted (whether by stomping or keeping that treadmill moving) vents a lot of bad karma I think. I always feel better after working out. Can you go to a gym? Maybe just getting out with other people you don't know and have no beef with would help. Sending good feelings your way!!!
Thanks, Asta. I have classes and work that keep mw busy during the day. Evenings are a little harder. My roommate supposedly has stopped drinking but... hell, I've used all the excuses. At least he doesn't do it in front of me, I guess. I'm starting to think about asking him to leave though.

My sister and I don't get along, either. Last summer she accused me (wrongly) of doing drugs and it was the last straw. I pretty much don't speak to her anymore. She didn't know about the drug use anyway, she just guessed and she was wrong about what she was talking about. But she did it in front of my entire family. I don't care to make up with her after that.

Anyway, I'll catch up tomorrow. I'm --predictably-- tired.