View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Tytan View Post

So, to answer Dee’s question (hello by the way)… “What’s my plan for the drinking?”
No do it. Seriously… it that simple right? Not really… but I think we would all like to think so. Right? Anyway, I know I am only on day three… but I think I had a pretty good day.

I said “no” to the rakia (it was my day to drive in carpool anyway)… so my boss handed me a glass of wine. I accepted because there was going to be toasts. I toasted but drank the sparkling water that I already had from my other hand… and then set the wine on my desk and focused on the popcorn and nachos.

So far I feel good… I have a feeling I’m going to hit a brick wall at some point, but I will deal with that when it comes. As I mentioned before, my family is the motivating factor at this point… as long as they stay by my side and can simply not drink.
Thanks Tytan - well you're right of course - it's not that simple, and there are most likely brick walls looming, as they do for all of us...but today sounds like a good start to me.

Do think about support though - SR is great, but face to face support can be incredibly useful for many too - I don't know whats available in the Balkans tho LOL

What’s up with everyone else? I have to agree with some of the others, the tone in the November boards is not very inviting. I’m not sure if Ken simply wants attention or what… but I would encourage and exchange of stories and ideas that will in the end foster exactly what Ken was probably looking for.
My take on all that stuff is that...the Michael Jackson movie was excellent

Carry on, guys!
D