View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Goat
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
Oh they have some amazing teas don't they?? I like their blood orange Italian soda too. You aren't gonna give with the recipe are you? LOL
Ha, sorry, I missed the request!

Nothing to it really. I'll start from the beginning.

I put the game bird in the crock pot, and cut up a bunch of celery, onions, potatoes and garlic and poured them around the bird. There was enough stuff to come up about level with the top of the bird. Then I added a few cups of water. Finally, I poured a generous helping of various leafy spices on top of the bird, and started the crock pot. 8 hours later I could serve the bird with a spoon.

After the meal, I removed all the bones and left many good chunks of chicken in the broth. I put the whole crock pot in the fridge and went to bed.

Next morning I put the crock pot back on its base and started it up. I cut up about 8 potatoes and put them along with another cup of water in the stock and stirred it up. If you like your soup thicker, you'd prolly leave this water out. I probably added some salt, but I don't remember for sure.

Another 8 hours later I had a chunky potato soup. For a more traditional potato soup you would mash the potatoes a bit.

nothing to it

-Goat