Thread: Food detox
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 12:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

I'm not giving up...I'm reevaluating the pressure I'm giving myself to be 'perfect' in having no sweets. Perhaps putting the focus elsewhere...and making sure I don't beat myself up when I slip will help.

Quitting drinking was very hard...it was a rough ride...especially for the last two years. I still have to stay on my toes for that. When I quit drinking at the very end of March I was really ready to quit...I needed to get my depression in check and I wanted to change my life. I still want to change my life. I'm proud of the 7 months I have and I'm proud that I took the initiative to get help. I accomplished a lot this year...am I trying to do too much by adding on the stress over food?

Yes, I want to lose weight for vanity/self-esteem reasons...but there's inescapable health complications waiting for me if I don't do something soon. The number one reason I need to and want to do this is for physical health reasons...and also the hope that getting better physically will help my depression.