View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreeingMyself

Does he really believe what he says??

Tonight, I had asked my AH to fix dinner because I was working late, and I knew I would be tired. Well....he didn't....and I can live with that. So when I got home I wanted to go take a moment to breath - I'm a teacher and have children at home - and just needed a few to be me! So he and I went to a local bar. Now, I probally should have put my foot down here.....but I almost don't care anymore. I like some of hte people we know from there and enjoy the company. Anyway, I drank my diet Coke and had a good time while he had 2 beers. OK 2 beers - doesn't seem like a big deal right? So I am ready to go about 45min after we arrived, and asked him, he said to come back later and get him and he had an excuse to stay...and I didn't feel like arguing although I knew this was a horrible idea. He is a MEAN drunk. Since I gave him an ultimatum in July, he had really cut back, but not quit. As I have posted before, it seemed to be getting better. Anyway, so I don't know how many more beers or whatever he drank, but it was APPARENT that is was to much. When he was ready for me to pick him up about 1 1/2 hours later, he had obviously had more than enough. I had made the dinner (that he said he would) for the kids, and I did not make him a plate - not out of spite because I usually do that even if I'm mad - but he was staying at the bar and had mentioned eating, so I figured he would. Anyway, he was raving mad that I didn't leave him a plate...I tried to explain I thought he was eating there, but of course he didn't listern and I'm not sure why I tried. So like someone who didn't know better I asked how much he'd had and that sent him over the edge!! Here is what I am completely floored by - is this just denial or does he really believe this. If you ask him if he drinks he would tell you "not anymore - it's been years", ok well, he drinks at least 4 times a week - not in the house I don't allow that - but out. He believe that when he oinly drinks 5-6 beers that is not drinkng and has no affect - but let me tell you now that he has cut back it does! He actually came home the other night and had obviously had hard liquor - a whole different beast. He is mean and horrible when he drinks, and I HATE him when he does this.......does he believe what he says about not drinking??? Is all just a game to him??? I am so close to done with all of this, but the situation is very very complicated.......