View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Emeraldstorm

Please welcome Mlewis904

Hi there my boyfriend of over 4 years finally said to me last night that he wants to go to AA today. I've checked out all the meetings in my city and they are all called different things. I don't know which one to choose from because there are so many...some are book study, some are discussion....but they are all open to the public and there are several throughout the day. Which one is the best one for your first time?

Also my boyfriend was kinda freaked and said he didnt want to be the only one there. Are there a lot of plp at these meetings...what are the meetings like? Does it really help! He needs a good support group and I just felt like AA would be perfect for him, and I hope it is...

What can he expect? Are there any younger people there? Do the people there make you feel comfortable?

He used to drink everyday. A 12 pack and a pint of rum....it has caused me and his family so much pain. A couple of weeks ago he broke his arm and swore it was sign telling him he cause everyone so much pain. So he decided to quit drinking. He's been sober for two weeks, but last night I caught him sneaking it, so he told me he can't do it alone and needs AA...

I hope this is what changes his life!

Any info about AA would be great! Thanks so much!

Last edited by cece1960; 11-12-2009 at 10:09 AM.