Old 11-12-2009, 05:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

Here is what is going on in my sobriety.

Yesterday I realized that a recently ended relationship was just another way I was using something to hide from life..the emotional roller coaster of that relationship. I was in recovery during the relationship, but never able to stay clean..of course I wasn't..I was still using!

Now I see the importance for me, of no new relationships until I've really worked on my issues. Whew! I'm staying clean this time, since I've identified one more way I was using, but in denial of.

Also...I don't believe in a HP that has my best interest in mind...but I got a little book a few weeks ago that planted an idea in my head that I decided it couldn't hurt to try. The book is not 12 step nor does it have anything to do with addiction or recovery...

I've been doing as it says and all sorts of funny little coincidences are happening in my life. Resources and people coming to me just when I need them...insights...all because I've been willing to be open to them..

Hmmm...I can't deny what is happening, something, somehow is making my recovery possible. I'm rolling with it. I say thank you and don't ask too many questions. I've been shown how little I know, and am humbled and willing to be shown.