View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
curiousfox

Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST View Post
Sound pretty simple to me. You want to be able to drink booze but not act like a total tw*t who has no control over the amount he drinks and his actions in which he will not be able to rember the following morning.

It don't work like that mate. You canny have it both ways. How do I know? because I was the same. I wanted to be able to drink and take drugs but i didn't want all of the Sh*t thats comes with it. I used to be able to laugh about all the drunken antics and drugged up mayhem but then it began to wear thin on people and on me and I became embarrassed and ashamed of myself.

I learned to finally surrender and get off the crazy train and quit drinking totally. there is no care-free, chiiled out drinking with me. That simply doesn't exist for me beacuase i am an alcoholic.
Thanks, thats a really helpful reply

And thanks to the rest of you as well... I realised I was just kind of unloading, wanted to get some stuff off my chest to be honest, and knew this was a place where people would be critical of me, and thats what I wanted I think!

I do need to think about not drinking though... at least, taking more responsibility for my actions rather than "sorry, I was just really drunk"... I've even been apologising to other people this evening that I feel could have been annoyed by me whilst drunk, and have said that my drinking is no excuse for my behaviour, because I know I do these kinds of things when I am that drunk.

Thanks

Still not sure how to fix things with my friend though lol. But at least feel a bit better in myself. Maybe I'll try to explain my alcohol problem to her... I think she's the one I really need to apologise to properly and tell her that being drunk is no excuse, and promise her it will never happen again. Hell, maybe I should show her this!