SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Waking the dead.
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
CrackQuack

Hi! Welcome to SR! Congrats on 3 days! One day at a time! I am CrackQuack, and as the name says, I am a crack addict. 9 months clean!
Are you going to a support group, doctor, or meetings? Outpatient therapy or anything? Have you considered it? It's not for everyone, but most people do benefit from it.
It's hard to admit that we're addicts. We feel like it's admitting defeat, but when we're ready to admit our problems, we've really WON that battle. Congrats on winning your first battle!
There will be more. Having physical, face to face, support of some kind will be a tremendous asset to you. SR is a wonderful place to come for the support, comfort, and information you need (including a place to vent) when you can't get the face to face support.
You are not a waste of space. You made some massive mistakes. You are NOT alone. ALL OF US here have. Each of us has made our massive ones as well as little ones. But we've all done it.
I really hope you find what you want. And I believe this is the right direction for you to get out of that hell.
(on a side note, I believe you did post in the newcomers forum?? I am confused by the previous post, a little bit. LOL).