View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
firestorm090

[Quote]I guess I've left intoxication for something that doesn't quite make sense to me, and I don't like it at all. It keeps me nervous and confused. I can't trust anything anymore.

Hi TB,

Great to see ya here, been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing.

I once heard an expression that struck me in just the right way the day I heard it and it is, "Hell is other people". Of course not every one fits in, most don't but there are those who just make our lives a living hell, hence the expression. But, that really has nothing to do with sobriety, it has to do with them and your present involvement in a situation that seems toxic for you. There is a way out, but booze won't get you there. Concrete problems need concrete solutions, and we both know that booze is just a temporary escape which yields only more problems and heartache.

Sometimes, especially when everyone seems against us, we must learn to trust ourselves, even if the voice of the masses thinks otherwise. If this situation is not right for you, then it doesn't matter what the RA thinks, the roommate from hell thinks, or the counselors. It's what it's doing to you that matters. It takes work to explore our options and make adjustments, but there are always options, we just need to find them. Start considering how you can get away from these people, even if it means leaving school, and be true to yourself, and what your real needs are. Sobriety allows us a chance to deal with our problems, getting drunk just adds more problems to the piles we already have.

Hang in there, and keep posting till you get some ideas of good ways to deal with this situation.