View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

My experience has been that even in sobriety life sh** continues to happen. The only difference is now I have to feel the emotions that come with it. That can be and is very hard and discouraging sometimes. Some of the things I have been through in sobriety are: Bankruptcy, losing my home, having to send my children to live with someone else, watching my two oldest children find meth and prostitution (fortunately they have recovered), have my youngest daughter shut me out of her life and make it perfectly clear she wants nothing to do with me, fired from two jobs, have a nervous breakdown, have been unable to work for the past 3 1/2 years, involved in a major accident, relationships ended, relationships started, etc...

I guess what I am saying is sometimes life can be extremely difficult and discouraging but what I have found is despite the difficulty that life can bring I know that drinking will not make it better. Drinking takes away any hope that my life can get better, through sobriety I found hope again and do not want to throw that away. There have been many times that hope is all I have had to hang onto but it has gotten me past some really rough times. Hang in there and just don't drink today and most important don't give up hope.

Last edited by nandm; 11-10-2009 at 10:57 AM.