View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Wolf00

Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
I totally agree with taz here. I remember reading your first post on this. And I will be honest and thought. "Oh here we go, Another poor me DUI thread."
I have zero sympathy for drunk driving.
Because 9 times out of 10 the drunk person walks away uninjured and alot of times is only concerned about their legal problems they will face.
I didnt see that really from you.
I saw someone who was genuinely concerned first about the safety of the other people and yourself.
Sure your going to have concern about legalities. Who wouldnt. But I saw you were more focused on what could have happened.
I have alot of respect for that.
And taking the actions you arfe is wonderful.
It could very well have gone alot worse. You and everyone involved got really lucky.
I am so glad you see that and have the sense enough to take steps to make sure it doesnt happen again.
And by that I mean not drinking to begin with.
I am such a firm believer of Karma. And by your heart being in the right place. You are going to be ok.
Good luck., And thank you for showing me that it isnt all about the drunk driver and what consequences they will have to face.
I know too many people killed by drunk drivers. And most of them were only worried about how it screwed their own life up.
You are a great example of owning up for your wrongs.
I hope others will follow.
Perhaps I should be honest here too, forgive me. After reading some of your posts they contain 'the poor me' sentiment but projected onto different scenarios and issues.

You have 'zero sympathy' for drunk driving? So you've never driven under the influence of other narcotics that impair ability? Perhaps nodding out at the wheel?

Many people do worry about themselves after DUI's because they didn't harm anyone and were operating with there senses fully intact, just not within what the law calls 'DUI'. Theres a big difference between driving completely sloshed or within your tolerance level. One can drink 4 beers in two hours and be DUI. Now his case is a little different, but you can't put a blanket statement on these issues.

So perhaps you should look within your own problems and postings, analyze the message you're sending and not be so quick to judge others who have drove under the influence because you don't? Again no offense, just an observation.