Thread: I screwed up
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ncgirl

I screwed up

He had left me a voicemail asking me to come over to pick him up yesterday between 5 and 6 and we could "talk" and get pizza. I plan not to go. I am on my way to my Alanon meeting when he calls. And I pick up the phone. "I guess you are not coming over". Me: "yes, what would be the point?". He then tells me that he and his ex wife and her husband and their kids are all going to move to the States (we do not live on the mainland). THIS is my hook and throws me and I begin to cry. This means that there is no way he and I can ever work this out because he will be hours away by plane. My hope, gone. I agree to meet him at my house.
He tells me that his plan is that I can go with him to the States and help him find an apartment and since I travel a lot, we can have a long distance relationship. Me: "I am not interested, and we have a long distance relationship right now and you live 10 mins away".
I ask him how he is living. He does not want to answer me. So, I know it is something illegal. He does not ask me for money, which is another red flag. Lots of quacking. Why is this happening? I think. I allowed this contact and nothing has changed.
Eventually he leaves and goes home to get high. Lots of stuff is left out, but I am feeling very low today. The good news is when the sun came up, I realized that his moving would be the best thing for ME. No contact is much easier when someone is thousands of miles away. I was feeling pretty good, but this has thrown me.

NC Girl