View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 03:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Mariposa18 in my mid 20s I went a year and a half without a drink, the whole time I did nothing to change me or improve me in any way other then simply not drinking..... Well I started drinking again, within a week or 2 I was drinking just like I used to, maybe more!

about 25 years later there I sat, alone in my garage drinking even though I did not want to drink I know had to drink, it was no longer a choice, it was a physical, mental, and spiritual need to drink.

I found sobriety in AA, for me after taking the steps the obsession to drink was lifted and I have been on a spiritual journey becoming a better person, a person I am happy with.

AA is not the only way to sobriety, but it darn sure has worked for millions and it has worked for me.

Why the fear of therapy or meetings?

Perhaps the fear of the great unknown!!!

Remember that first day of school? Scared to death!!! Of What? The unknown!

Remember that first day of High school? Scared to death!!! Of What? The unknown!

Remember that first day a new job? Scared to death!!! Of What? The unknown!

In all 3 of the above after you went was the fear justified?

Do you think a therapist is going to make you do funny things?

Do you think people in the meetings are going to make you sacrifice a chicken and put it in a bag and swing it over your head while you hop on one foot?

What do you have to lose by doing either of the above? Some time?

What do you have to gain by doing either of the above? Possibly a more peaceful fullfilling life!