View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Ahhhhh yes the fog, there but not there, feeling but not quite like I was really feeling. I was a month sober before it began to lift, slowly emotions did return, far more then I could handle by the 2 month mark, I was going to meetings daily and seemed to gain a lot from them, but those emotions really started to bare down on my mentally.

I came very close to relapsing due to being over come by anger/rage, but I managed by calling someone in the fellowship to not drink that day.

I had a sponsor but was not taking the steps with him, the emotional pain was really growing and I recalled several times old timers saying that the time to start the steps was when the pain was great enough! Well the pain as the fog began to lift and feelings returned was getting pretty intense and I was at the point where I was either going to drink or take the steps! I took the steps, between taking the steps and learning in meetings how others use the steps to deal with thier emotions I would say my emotions are back and I deal with them pretty well and the idea of a drink to deal with them is non-existant.