View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kjell
i've done my almost

anotherDUIanotherCARWRECK-update

Hi all-

I've received some good news over the last few days.

First - the car I hit - no one was seriously injured and they have filed an accident report and are reporting no injuries. I realize this could change, but it's good to hear that they are ok.

Second - even though I'm being charged with a DUI, my insurance company called to say that they are here for me and all damages will be covered.

Third - I go today for my clinical evaluation and will start my 20 week outpatient program either this Thur or next Mon.

Fourth - I got an email from an uncle who is going to help me to pay for rehab. He asked for the info and said he will find a way to pay for it.

I'm still in a lot of trouble and yes, more pitfalls to cross, but I'm coming to an understanding and honestly, I'm looking forward to getting help.

I haven't been able to make any AA meetings (I was going almost everyday and I do miss going terribly), but as soon as I can get up there I will raise my hand and ask for help. Hopefully I can find some folks who can help me with rides.

Just wanted to send an update and there will be many more as the process unfolds.

Glad to be sober today!

Thanks,
Kjell