Thread: Inspiration!!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

I think I am going through the "transition" period for real now. I think that's why I am feeling a little strange with things at the moment. I recognise the alcoholic voice for what it is and I find that reading some really good posts/shares from people who are being open andf honest about life and their situation helps to sort of quiten that devious alcoholic voice up and puts things into perspective.

Thanks alot to you Firestorm090 for that reply as I could relate to you and that helps to quiten things down in my mind and focus things to the realities of what drinking will really bring to me.

I think it becomes easy to forget that drinking for an alcoholic ain't gonna turn out brilliantly but it beomes easy to forget the feelings of pain, suffering, humilation, shame, guilt, anxity, paranoia to name a few when you ain't suffered them for 4 months.

I am gratefull for the things that soberness brings me such as non of the above feelings/emotions I have mentioned and I think that I have a very self-destructive personality hence why I am like I am. But at least i recognise that and I ain't gonna give into it "One day at a time"!!!!!

peace and love xxx