View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 09:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mark75

Interesting Evening...

My wife and I met a couple for dinner that we've been good friends with for nearly 30 years, back to high school... yes lots of war stories and adventures with late nites.... At a restaurant pub about an hour away...

He usually starts slurring by the end of dinner... I know he started before we got there... and it's fine... our friendship is deeper than just drinking, and other stuff ... It was all good. I even tolerated being at the bar after dinner for about 40 minutes... there was some really bad karaoke to hold my attention, well... amusement... I was ready to go though when we did leave... Kind of weird standing at the bar without a drink... watching others... I don't get this whole Red Bull and alcohol thing, but whatever.

Anyway... seated right next to me was a woman I used to talk to regularly at my Sunday morning AA meeting!! Hmmm... she was drinking, and.... she did not acknowledge me.

I hope she's OK... didn't expect to see ANYONE I knew there, being an hour away.... maybe she didn't either.... She seemed happy to be sober and getting her three month chip last time I saw her.

So, Just a kind of journal entry for a Saturday night in sobriety.

Mark