Thread: Worst Day...
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
mandyana

Hey Neo,

Wow, thanks for your post. I am feeling exactly the same, I am also 23 and on day 23 funnily enough. I thought after not drinking for a couple of weeks I would find myself an it would all be able to get on with my new sober life, but I am finding out I don't really know myself sober. I have drank heavily since I was 13, and getting wrecked has always been my identity, it feels very scary at our age to have to get to know yourself when everything you have done growing up/first times you have been drunk.
I also find it a bit daunting at the meetings as I am always the youngest by far and feel people aren't really taking me seriously (this is probably just in my head-I know), but when you listen to people who have completed the steps they are so happy, and happy they kept going back.
Anyway, thanks very much for sharing and everyone who has commented, I am going to go to at least 1 meeting tomorrow and bag myself a sponsor and get through these bloomin steps pronto! I had a woman volunteer but she doesn't have much spare time, she has time once a week when I am usually working-so I'm just going to get someone else. Hope you get started on the steps as well.

Take care