View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Jason this is an alcoholic who used to make the decision to buy a 12 pack rather then get milk for my family because I did not have enough monet to get both.

Be honest with your self.

Are you willing to do what ever it takes to get and stay sober?

I stayed a drunk until I could honestly answer the above question yes.

Now honestly ask your self this, how long did it take you to buy the beer and drink 10?

I bet if you had not spent the time buying the beer and drinking 10 of them you could have easily been to that meeting early.

BTW this is coming from a man who killed 3 on the way to his first meeting and then killing the other 3 driving home and this was after drinking all day long. Did I mention that I HONESTLY was not ready to quit drinking them? I did not go to another meeting for 5 years because I HONESTLY did not want to REALLY quit then.

If one is honestly really ready to stop drinking they will do ANYTHING, they will quit blaming any one or anything, the excuses will dissappear!

The TIME it takes to begin recovery will appear!!! Why? Because with no one else to blame and no excuses, being HONEST with those who have suffered due to our drinking, there will be a ton of time for recovery.

Jason it took me getting hit with a 2X4 before I was able to HONESTLY begin to MAKE time for my recovery and stop B]MAKEING[/B] excuses as to why I could not begin my recovery.

Nobody is being mean to you, they are telling you the truth, they have walked in your shoes before, they made those excuses and blamed who and what they could to not begin recovery just like you are doing right now yet still denying.

Alcholism has one symptom that we all have in common, that symptom is DENIAL!!! First DENIAL of the problem and then the DENIAL that we are not making every effort we can to begin recovery.