View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Live

I think everyone hates the trial and error guinea pig process!
But like NandM, I would be suicidally depressed if I stopped taking my meds, even if I hate some of the side effects. I would probably be dead by now.
Many times in the past I have decided that I was cured and I had my life together and every single time I have stopped the meds, I have fallen into a progressively WORSE depression.
Finally after so many years, I am depression free.
I will be taking psych meds for the rest of my life, because I know I have another major depression in me, I don't know if I have another recovery.
If you are able to live a decent quality life without them, awesome! I wish it were true for me, I would rather spend my money on other things and not have my life depend on those pills. It took me a long time to accept that.
And yes, I have also incorporated other natural means and practices to aid my well being.
We don't encourage others to stop their meds without their Dr's advice because the results for some can be disastrous.
(I know, because, yep, I have done it more than once. LOL)
If I don't treat the anxiety and PTSD.....I will isolate and not leave the house.
LOL....I always tend to think that the folks who are much troubled by the sexual side effects are in remission from depression, because when deeply depressed one doesn't care about sex at all.