View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 05:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
dojoro
"I think I can. I think I can"

Well that didn't go so well. I did go. Spent the first part of the trip thinking of the times in my past that I just drank to much...there were many. Thought about my thoughts about alcohol especially right before that first drink. Thought a lot about what I'd rather have been doing...sitting on the couch drinking wine...so I kept driving. Finally found the place and kept driving. Circled back and kept driving. It was not what I expected and everything I feared. It was a house. there was only one car and van there. Not a soul to be seen but every light inside was on. I drove past again slowly. I could see two or three people in a window, in what looked to be an office...I kept driving, circled back one more time and then came home. I think it was a recovery center. It was called something manor. Maybe the people at the meeting are residents. Whatever the situation it was one I wasn't comfortable with at all...I think I am more of a church basement kinda girl that is what I was expecting anyway.

Or was it a sign?(I am big on signs these days)

Whatever the case I am glad I went. It was half of a step in the right direction. I am going to attempt a meeting again...not sure when maybe tomorrow. Definitely going to look for one that says church basement. I need to blend in, sneak in just be there without drawing any attention to myself. Maybe I should try a male/female meeting to be sure it is the biggest crowd possible. hmmm.

Going to bed sober for the ninth day in a row. Thanks!

Jo