Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Charmie

hello payton and welcome to sr.nice to meet you.i think taz's last post hit the nail on the head! everyone that i know and i thought i hid my alcoholism from is just delighted that i am in AA.the thing is,i had stopped driking before,but that was it.so there i was not drinking,and everything was not ok.i was walking around with an untreated illness.alcoholism.if, and i say if you are like me then that is not a good place to be! i went to AA at the begining of the year after a false start some years ago and my life has changed beyond recognition in that short time.you see for years i hid in the bottle,i thought i was doing good because i had good jobs,i didnt lose my family (just! my 17 yr old daughter lives with my sister but we never lost contact) and lots of other things like that.but it was all a facade.i stopped drinking and my crutch was gone,i needed to know how to live,and this is what the 12 steps of alcoholics anonymous has given me.life is marvelous these days.i fell like i am seeing the world with a new set of eyes and and a complete new set of feelings in my heart,it is difficult to explain.taz pointed out something that is very very important,that AA is anonymous,he made very valid points about it.there is no reason to be scared of it,everyone else is there for the same reason as you,and in this you find an amazing kinship.nobody on this planet understands us like we do.please keep us posted payton.i wish you well.please pm me if i can be of any assistance to you.