View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Dean62
Adjusting my Sails

Don't drink and drive is good advice.....until you drink. Then all bets are off especially if you are blackout drinking. They took away my license for 3 years so I sold my car and started taking the but. That's the longest amount of time I have ever gone with drinking and driving. You mention you thought you were over the risk of drinking and driving but for some of us the risk will always be there unless we stop doing one of the two and you know which one is preferable to stop.

I'm also familiar with the thought "no one would know". That is not only a lie it really isn't the point of sobriety lol. I hear you though, I used to have that one all the time. That thought comes before drinking and bad news. They say call someone before you drink but it's hard to stop once you are that point, IMHO I have already relapsed the only thing left is to insert the booze.

I like your attitude knowing AA wasn't the problem. I don't think any form of recovery is going to save us and keep us sober on it's own, we have to do our part. 6 weeks is great so you have something positive to build on. Take what you have learned and add to it until the pieces fit together for you.