Thread: Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 10:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Well, y'all, I went out walking. And I caught the bus--turns out it was an hour away, not a half. And I went to the meeting. And then I started shivering and sneezing, and I was only wearing a dress. So I swallowed my fear and asked if I might get a ride from someone...

My status has been downgraded from "inconvenient" to I live "too far" (5.9 mi from meeting).

I walked home.

So, totfit, I surely hope all this walking is doing more to keep me sober, 'cause I'm sure doing a lot of it.

Although, I guess I don't regret going. The people were otherwise very nice and friendly, and that's pretty good for around here. I guess I can't get it all, I have to learn more humility.

Bee, there is no more phone. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that, either--this AA stuff is largely based on phones. I get paid again in March or February--or hopefully I can get work after the semester--I'll be able to fit in better I suppose. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to stay on the periphery, just walking to meetings and seeing who I see when I'm there.

Thank y'all for telling me what to do, and take care,
-TB, mighty mighty tired, but possibly cured of whatever was making her sick pre-walk