View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
crayons

5-HTP anyone? bad side effects?

hello. i found this site while googling information on side effects of 5-HTP. I started taking this amino acid about a week and a half ago for my insomnia issues as I know a lot of people say the seratonin boosting qualities help with sleep.

Well - my thing is, I think I'm having bad side effects from it...twice this week now (including tonight) I have had extremely unplessant weird strange thoughts and felt shaky (which I normally never feel like this) and am scared of my own thoughts. I consider myself pretty 'normal' (I truly mean no offense to anyone saying that) but what I mean is I don't have thoughts like this and have never been depressed or anything like that...

I found one post on these boards from 2004 where someone stated having thoughts like I seem to be having due to taking 5-HTP. Now I know that this amino acid has been wonderful for many people - but obviously not everyone reacts to things in the same manner.

I'm just really curious if there's anyone else out there who started 5-HTP and immediately had this type of reaction.

thank you.