Thread: big book
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 04:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
coming_clean

Originally Posted by tyler View Post
CC, you know we are in the same boat when it comes to the pot thing. I have personally read both the Big Book and the NA Basic Text (numerous times in the case of the Basic Text) and really identify much more with the NA fellowship. I know is sucks not to have a face to face fellowship you can attend, but if you haven't, I'd definately encourage you to check out NA.

Now you may run into some folks who think "pot is a joke" because they have issues with "harder" drugs. F 'em!! We both share the same experience of being able to kick the "hard" stuff without many issues, but having pot rule our lives. You have to take from it what you need. I'm pretty sure you can find online meetings if you look. Not the same as being there, but better than nothing. The NA forum here is also quite active, I'm sure you can find some support there as well.

I also have a Step Study Guide, and even though I know it is not intended for solo use, found it to be quite helpful. Take whatever you need from whatever program you come across, as long as it helps you stay clean, it's all good. Just build on each day until not smoking becomes as much of a habbit as smoking is now. You can do this. Take care.
do you now were to get this basic NA text?? is there like an online version of it??

thanks for ur reply man,