Thread: God...
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
mistycshore

Wow. It started out sounding intelligent.

Originally Posted by ElegantlyWasted View Post
Thought this post died... Must be philosophical Thursday!
My line of thinking was more along the lines of how the concept of god and spirituality are interwoven in culture and evolve as we come to a better understanding of our world. As societies modernized the isms too precedent over organized religion as the primary means for ordering societies, fascism, capitalism, communism etc, while religion remained a choice as a spiritual outlet. Specifically applied to modern addiction recovery; I think it means that everyone has choice to figure out how fill the void/ rebuild oneself without their doc. It implies different paths for different people. It's why AA works.
For whom? And why are you posting *here* when there are multiple 12-step recovery groups on this very site. Why *here*?

<snip of ya-da-ya-da>

The Jungian concept of collective conscious involves more than I could explain with any brevity, but includes aspects of budhism, Freudian psychology, sociology and many other things.
I am the one who brought it up, and really there's no need to explain it to me. That it involves Freud and and psychology is kind of a no-brainer (they don't call it "Jungian psychology" for nothing). How you define sociology is your business.
It's sort of an overlap or shared understanding among people in general or a subgroup in specific. His dream analysis is both fun and informative.
Really? I found his dream interpretation stuff to be 99% bunk. I guess that shared understanding isn't so shared as one might hope.

Sorry for rambling, reading everyones posts helps me keep it real and clarifies my own thoughts.
And keeps a venue available for you to push AA in the one forum on this site where that is off topic. Got it. Bye.