Thread: Im new
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 03:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
myxomatosis

Im new

hi just thought i would try a quick intro to me,
im trying to quit alch after drinking extreme amounts every night to go to sleep.
i know im an alcoholic, but i feel its different for me, i do not drink usually during the day, i used to have a beer or two after work, but i dont even do that anymore. i just used it because i couldnt sleep. but i guess the definition of an alchie is needing it right?

i had a co worker who recently got sober, and it showed me that just maybe i could do it too.

its been about 2 weeks, my plan has been to dose myself down slowly, in order to try to avoid any crazy withdraw symptoms. im very familiar with withdraw, i quit opiates before i started drinking, by dosing myself down, went through hell with those, but now i have a new hell with alch.

i have only been able to make it for 24 hours without drinking, ill stay up all night then finally sleep at 9 or 10 in the morning. im trying to make it 2 days sober, that is my next goal.

i have no info or experience about this, never been to any aa, dont know what to do, other than keep trying. i have read so much already on this site, and i already feel like a brother in arms. dependency sucks, but we can all help each other through it. already love you all

"im not living, im just killing time"