View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 08:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

I remember years and years ago, someone asked me why I didn't just up and leave my husband.
I remember telling them that I loved them and that I knew the potential that my husband had. He could be such a different and better person.
And then I went on to tell them that I was afraid that I would regret leaving someday.
My friend asked me why I would regret leaving the life I had as it was such a mess.
My reply to her was that I did still love him, but also "what if he finds someone else and is everything to her that he should have been to me? what if he treats her better and stops drinking and gives her that part of him that I know he can be?"
You see, I wasn't ready to let that happen.

I think more than likely, your husband is just telling you the things he is to prove to you that he can make it without you and wants to hurt you for booting his butt to the curb. I doubt he's really as happy as he wants you to believe.

Sidenote* I love "Smoke gets in your eyes" post!
The "What about me" challenge - OMG, it's something you have to do. You'll start to discover a whole new side of you- one that you may actually like.