Old 10-29-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Jo there is no need to advertise if one is a recovering alcoholic, of course your spouse is crucial, but in reality there is no need to announce your beleifs to the world, but if you are an alcoholic there is one person that it is crucial they know........... and that is YOU!!!!

You know my wife in the end knew I was an alcoholic as did all of my kids and a lot of my friends, but that does not matter when it comes to recovery, the ONLY person that needs to know I am an alcoholic is ME!!!!!

In regards to your diabetes......... well being a diabetic you know darn well you have NO business drinking. Let me tell you about a gentleman I used to know, he drank beer starting early in the morning until when ever.

Well he got a sore on his foot that would not heal, he went to the doctor and the doctor told him he had diabetes and the sore on his foot was a diabetic ulcer. Amoung the many things the doctor told him he needed to do was to avoid drinking.

Long story short, he kept on drinking, first he lost his left foot, then his right, then his left leg below the knee followed by the right. The last time I saw him he was sitting in his van outside the grocery store, I asked him how he was doing, he said okay and told me that both of his legs were know amputated above the knee!!!! Why was he in the van? He was waiting for his wife to buy him a couple of cases of beer!!!

Then you top of your diabetes with a fatty liver!!!! PLEASE talk to your doctor, tell your doctor the WHOLE truth about your drinking and then ask your doctor if they think it is your diabetes or your drinking causing the fatty liver!! Or maybe the 2 combined!!!

I was a drunk, I did not draw a sober breath for the last 5 years I drank, I can tell you for a fact that if I was a diabetic and was diagnosed with a fatty liver and the doctor told me I needed to stop drinking and I could not have stopped drinking I would have done far earlier what I finally did.

Yes I am an alcoholic, but I damn sure am not a drunk any more, I no longer have a fatty liver.

BTW withdrawals start off with becoming very anxious, irratable, discontent and progress from there. For some folks the shakes do not even set in until the second day.