Old 10-29-2009, 03:33 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Good morning Jo, I pray you are reading this.
I am not an alcoholic but I can't live without alcohol. I don't drink until the evening 5 or so, but earlier on some days.
Alcoholism is the only disease where one of its main symptoms is a danial of the disease!

Take this quiz and answer all of the questions honestly Alcoholics Anonymous : Is A.A. For You?

When I was in detox they checked my liver enzymes, like yours they were through the roof, at that point I was daignosed with a "Fatty Liver" which is the precursor to "Cirrosis of the liver". Normal drinkers do NOT get elevated liver enzymes, nor do they get diagnosed with a "Fatty Liver", I am an alcoholic!

The good news is that a "Fatty Liver" can heal itself, but ONLY if one stops, not slows down, but STOPS drinking!!!! My liver enzymes returned to normal in 90 days.

Question if you do not mind, is you right side below your ribcage larger then your left and tender/sore to pressure? Mine was, my liver was swollen and had been for many years.

You have recieved some sage advice from others here, re-read it all with an open mind.

Here is a medical fact, alcoholism is a PROGRESSIVE disease, it never gets better, it never levels off, it always gets worse with EVERY SINGLE DRINK!

If you find that you can NOT STOP DRINKING, I would suggest WORKING a recovery program, I can only speak from my experience with AA and tell you that it has worked for me and millions of other alcoholics.

Do you want to stop drinking or would you rather continue and have your liver progress from being a "FATTY LIVER" to "CIRROSIS of the Liver" which is permanent?

If you decide you would prefer to live then I would suggest the following:

1. See you doctor again and be TOTALLY honest about how much & how long you have drank, tell your doctor what happens to you when you drink and when you do not drink.

2. Follow your doctors orders.

3. Start working a recovery program.

You say you want to remain anonymous and as a result you do not want to go to Alcoholics Anonomous????????

As some one else already has shared, I will share my experience of the people I know of in AA, I know politicians (There are AA meetings on Capitol Hill in DC every day), lawyers, judges, ministers, priests, community leaders, business owners, etc.

Would I ever dream of saying thier names? Heck no!!!! Guess what, they would not out me either!

THINK about it, you go to an AA meeting and you see someone you have known for years there and you had no idea they were in AA, would you start blabbing to every one about it? Heck no!!! Why? Because the first thing the person you were telling would ask you is "Why were you there?".

Know using logic would you not say that the person you saw there would be the same way and not go around blabbing that they saw you in an AA meeting?

I make no secret about me being a recovering alcoholic, nor do I keep it a secret that I go to AA, but I do not advertise either fact.

I was known as a DRUNK for many years, today I am known as Martin. Some people know I am an alcoholic in recovery today, but not everyone I know.

I decided that I would rather be known as a recovering alcoholic in AA then a DRUNK any day.

Would you rather be known as a DRUNK or someone in recovery in AA?

How many people do you know in AA? Probably none right?

Well I think if you start going to AA meetings you will be shocked at just how many people you have known for years are in AA. I know I was surprised.

In reality should any one be suprised that they do not know any one in an anonymous group UNLESS they are in it as well?