View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 08:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
canders7

I suppose I should say "Hi"

Hello!

My name is Christina, aka canders7.

I found this forum after someone told me about it tonight when I attended an Al-Anon meeting. Yay - I like chatting.

I'm 23, living in Ottawa Ontario. I'm also a university student studying psychology/religion.

Hmmmm... lets see.

I stopped drinking as of July 20th, 2008 with (some) help from AA. Mostly more willpower and God's help than anything else. And me knowing that I needed to quit - so I did.

Then I started attending ACOA (Adult Children of Alcoholics) meetings, thinking that was my issue. It IS, but the meetings are sorely underattended and it's awkward being so young and dealing with this sort of stuff.

So I decided to give Al-Anon a chance and really enjoy it actually. It's a larger meeting and it makes me feel less awkward when there are people there around my own age!

I'm also free from self-injury as of February 20th, 2007 which is still a big struggle for me today.

I'm disabled (wheelchair user) and have depression and all that associated junk.

I'm going to hopefully be attending a CODA meeting soon once I figure out accessibility issues... but anyways!!

HI!! It's so weird being a new member of a forum since I'm an administrator elsewhere on other forums for mental health stuff.