Old 10-28-2009, 04:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Horselover

Originally Posted by dojoro View Post
I don't think I can go to AA. This is gonna sound as strange as I am not an alcoholic but I can't live without alcohol BUT what if someone sees me ther? I am class mom, PTa member, constantly at the local library, go to the gym, shop at local stores have children in two different schools and my husband is a local business owner and very active in the community so we are always attending fundraising and socail events. The idea of seeing some I know or recognize at a meeting is horrifying. I would rather try and remain anonomous and act like I never had a problem and just quit because it was the healthy thing to do...Ok let me have it but that is what I think of when I think of meetings I can't see them as helping only hurting.

Jo
I apologize for these multiple posts, but I'm reading through your posts and then replying. You do not HAVE to do AA to recover. If you can do it through SR or another way then go for it. I personally have not done AA this time, but I leave it as an option if my way fails me. My way = SR. I posted any and every time I wanted to drink and I had quite a few steady friends here who talked me down or just reading other people's posts help a great deal too. You will find a way that is appropriate to your life. You CAN do it!