View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 08:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
skid650

ok -- i don't need that from you.
i don't hide my wine, and for the record Berringers white zinfindel is excellent, followed by Sutter Home. anything else isn't worth the label on the bottle.

i bought a 4-pack tonight. put one bottle on the table next to me while going over maps planning a motorcycle trip. did not open it.

all 4 bottles are still in the fridge; however there are two fewer bottles of diet pepsi.

my plan is to stop the foolishness before it takes over everything. husband got annoyed with me because i told him last week i thought i shouldn't be buying wine anymore and, if he wouldn't mind, run interference for me.

in hindsight, i think i played a game buying the bottles. i don't know for a fact that i would have stopped with one IF i had opened the bottle . . . which i'm not sure i would have done.

sweet hubby asked for the receipt . . . he's going to return the wine . . . thank you. that fact ticked me off at first. now i'm glad he stood up and took it away. i managed to act like a grown-up and not behave ticked-off or tell him it's my wine and i can have ONE if i want.

"checking" on whether or not i can drink just one is not smart. i am lucky to have the husband i have . . . and yes, he will be thanked for taking the high road and being the "alcohol police." i actually think it isn't fair to put my spouse in that position . . . but i would do it for him, if things were the other way around.

i'm sorry your wife's situation is more out of control than mine. i'm sorry she doesn't feel gratitude for your concern. the person who is hiding wine from you is not your wife, but an alcoholic.

changing my attitude and taking the high road in response to your post . . . i hear your anguish and frustration. i'm new here, and don't know what someone in your position needs. good luck and health to you.