Thread: Moving on....
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 10:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
reverse

Originally Posted by soulsurvivor View Post
sending supportive hugs reverse..
Im in a very similar situation.. except i have to avoid my family in the same city.. it sucks.. but i cannot deal with their dysfunction or i would go insane..

just a thought about the dr. lisc.. if she is really drinking like you say.. as a citizen driver on the road with my son. I PREFER YOU MOTHER DOES NOT DRIVE,, and takes a bus.. for my safety... just a thought...

Hi, sorry to hear about ur situation. I think its difficult enough living in the same city (small city) as my codependent older sibling. I too would go insane if I had to be around these people. I am glad to be free from them, however, feel sad at the waste of life and lack of family. But life has to go on with or without them.

In regards to the drivers license thing. ...I totally agree with you. It would be scary to see my mother drive also. I don't want her to drive b/c I know she is always drunk. However, if she wasn't a drunk, it would be nice if she had her license to drive and visit. But, in the real world and normalcy of my alcoholic family, that would never be the case. I just wanted to give my mom the opportunity to try to get her driver's license and show some sort of responsibility for the sake of the realitionship. And just as I thought, there's no way she'd ever get her license. I dont' want a drunk on the road. I just wanted to assert myself with her instead of letting her always walk all over me...and tell her to grow up--for my own sanity--as weird as it sounds.
Thanks for sharing...it's much appreciated.