View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 04:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
firestorm090

Welcome to SR firemama,

Each alcoholic has followed their own path to this group, and all have endured struggles in life that were compounded or created by their consumption of alcohol. You belong here, and you help others by sharing your story, your struggle and your resolve to change your life. Your story is just as important as the most successful among us, and your story helps the newcomer see the anguish and despair common among us after the first drink. It's always the first drink that gets us.

Welcome again to SR. The truth is we all need a boot in the rear sometimes to keep us going, but I can assure the hugs here are plentiful and healing as well. There is no right way to recover, it is a journey that entails all the joys and pain life has to offer, all of which help mold and shape us into a a better person. The struggle to overcome addiction in any form is the most difficult struggle most of us here will ever face. I wish it were easy, but the truth is I fight it every day and have now since February of this year, and still keep falling on my ass. I appreciate your honesty, for it helps me know I'm not alone and that you are not alone as well. That's the beauty of recovery, we do not have to do this alone, and drunks like me have no choice but to reach out to others and ask for help. You are on the right path, so stick around and help another drunk, because by doing so, you are helping yourself.