Thread: New and scared
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mhairi

Originally Posted by xenodamus View Post
I don't mean to threadjack, but when you go on a 2 or 3 day binge and have these symptoms, but haven't had a drink for weeks before that, are they still withdrawl symptoms or is it really just a hangover from hell?

I just wonder because I was a weekend binger before my last drink on 10/19. (When I say 'last' drink I mean LAST drink)

I didn't drink on a daily basis, but after that 3 day binge I had all the cold sweats, shakes, insomnia, headaches, etc that I hear described in withdrawl. My last drink was 10/19 and today is the first day that I can say I really woke up feeling "good".

Hi Xenodamus,

I have been through withdrawal before after a year long bing due to the death of my Mother and Father, I was drinking a 750ml bottle of vodka a night.The problem was then that I became addicted to benzos so am terrified of using them to withdraw.

I gave up through a mixture of counselling and group therapy and now get roughly a months sobriety at a time and then drink at weekends convincing myself I am a social drinker and then it progresses to waking during the night to finish off what I have left and then sleeping until the shop opens to get another bottle. Then something in me snaps STOP and here I am again. This is no way to live.

sorry for the long post.