Thread: er pot...kettle
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
smacked
Heathen

Originally Posted by baldjim View Post
thats why i love your post you speak witha clarity of thought that somehow eludes me

who is that in your avater she looks like someone famouse but i cant place her face ???

Well thank you for thinking I look so famous *blush* That's ME ya big dork

And back to the topic.. I don't think it is selfish or egocentric to reconfigure boundaries about what/who you want in your life. As we get and stay sober, it is a life change.. and different things become important or necessary that might not have been before. I didn't read most of the posts that started any type of an attack, but my extra 2 cents here is just that you are a new person, with new goals and priorities. If who you are with doesn't fit within those, or is toxic to your wellbeing.. it's your choice whether you accept it or not. Like I said before, just because you went out and got stupid a bunch of times when drinking, there's no virtual bank account here that she or anyone in your life can make withdrawals from because you "owe" back something.. Your life, your choice, your wellbeing. That's all I have to say bout that