Thread: er pot...kettle
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
baldjim
jimbo

Originally Posted by allport View Post
I don't find it threatening I absolutely agree, being around, and especially being with, someone who is drunk is gross.

However I also have never turned on someone who put up with my drunken crap because they had a drunken night.

Yes I am sober now but you know what that doesn't make me perfect and I try to give others the same kind of support and understanding that I was given.

The idea of becoming some kind of alcohol policewoman, just because I don't drink anymore is repellant.

What I do is down to me, what others do is their own choice, I can and do care but the idea of judging is plainly wrong.
once the hangover she had wore off

we talked late last night

and i asked this

if you had to give up drinking for health reasons and there was no way you could drink ,we you be with me if i did

her answer was NO i would not be with you

i then asked if i had gone clubbing and gotten very drank and you had been in a car waiting outside for me honestly what would of happened

she said ,i would not of waited for on and i would not of even let you in the house and probably finished with you

i have not even had a cross word with her over this episode ,i know if i everwent out drinking and she could not i would get about 50 texts saying what an ahole i was ,not to come home ,if i did not then ,my clothes etc would of been thrown out of an upstairs window and i would have to pick them up all wet and dirty in front of the nieghbours ...nice and if i had been stupid enough to knock on the door she is very fiery the threat of her being violent was very real ,not that i was scared i'm 250 pounds and i used to thai box but the unpleasentness of it all would upset me

the whole thread was about how i felt

not wanting to be judged on how controlling i was which by the way i'm not but my partner would of gone ape if i had done it

some people understood what i was trying to say and said the stuff i wanted to hear others turned it into an attack ???

if some people can stop drinking and live with partners coming home drunk and tasting of drink then good luck ,to be honest if my partner wants to drink then it is her choice but i will stay at my place till she is sober again

its my choice not to drink and its my choice not to be around drunks ,if that makes me a bad preson then i'm a bad person but i'm a sober getting healthier bad person and i can live with that ...pun intended