Thread: er pot...kettle
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
smacked
Heathen

I see the conundrum.. who are you to say you aren't willing to put up with her drunka$$ when she put up with your antics 'and worse'. Well, Jim.. you are living a NEW life. It was her life to live the way she wanted, and when she chose to stay with you during your drunken nights, that was her choice. She could have at any moment pulled the "I cannot be with someone that drinks like you" card, and been well within her rights to do so. Every time you came home drunk, acted a fool, puked in the toilet or whatever.. you weren't inserting a credit into some sort of account that would eventually be paid back and balanced out when SHE decided to act the fool. If your new life is enhanced by her overall, and you are happy with the choices she makes.. awesome. But do know you always have the right to decide who you want in your life, and what you will not accept. There is no way I could be in a relationship with someone who drank like that, even occasionally.. but that's just the way I structure MY life..do what's best for you, hun.