Old 10-24-2009, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Malcolms

I got a craving from THINKING about NA Beer

That has got to be a new one. I am on day 6, and was out for a run. Best one I've had in a long time (wonder why.....). I'd tried NA beer before, and as I was daydreaming during my run, I thought about maybe having an NA beer. Almost immediately, I could taste it, that watery, Miller Light doused with ice water taste, and my mind jumped from that straight to a real beer. Suddenly, I wanted a beer.

Except, of course, I don't want A beer. If I did, no problem. I want a dozen beers, not even good ones, just something light so I can chug as fast as possible, and wine that I can put in my giant fancy wine glasses and gulp like ice water, and whiskey, on the rocks, in a glass that I never let get empty, and gin, straight and warm in a glass, just poured down my throat so it burns in my chest and my limbs go numb and my head goes light and the tension goes out of my shoulders and this feeling goes away for a while. And then I black out. And god knows what happens then. But just one beer? I can't imagine anything worse.

The craving past. But, I think that is the last time I will consider a NA beer.....