Thread: AA Religion?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 03:00 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Ago

It's a christian program, written by christian people for people who either are already christian or can be persuaded to become christian.
I can't convey how how offensive I find this statement, I am a heretic that would be burned at the stake or stoned just a few short years ago and is still unwelcome in vast areas of the South, and I am in AA, I am NOT a Christian, nor will I ever be a Christian, the funny thing, is I hardly know any christians at all in AA, and the ones I do we don't discuss religion, we discuss spirituality.

It's amusing, one of the biggest so called problems I had with christians when I got to AA was their supposed intolerance, bigotry, and close mindedness, I have to say that it was nothing compared to those qualities I find in a certain sector of people here at SR.

This amuses me greatly, but it's why I don't hang out in that section of SR that I should call home, as that section appears to me to be more about intolerance then open-mindedness and loving thy brother.

When I have to go hang out with the Christians rather then the atheists because they are more open-minded and tolerant of others is a day I never thought I'd see.