View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 12:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Charmie

i have heard horror stories much worse than mine,,just a bit of advice that was given to me,dont look for the differences,look for simlilarities.if we buy into that whole thing of not being as bad as other people in the rooms our alki brains will tell us we arnt that bad and maybe,just maybe we arnt alcoholic.as far as sponsors go,ther is no contract,but i would give this guy another chance,especially since he was recommended,whenever someone dosnt say what i want them to or do what i want them to i have to question myself,am i being selfish? am i being self seeking? you are helping this other guy too by calling him,thats how this works (part of it) so maybe think about him and see what you can offer him.being taken out of oneself is huge in recovery.if you truly and honestly can say that hes not going to be much use to you,then move on.i talk with my sponsor about stuff,but mainly my sponsor was the right person that came along at the time that i wanted to take me through the 12 step recovery programme.