View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 03:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Great share, I would classify that one as a gratitude share!!!

You know when I had about 1-2 months sober, this wonderful woman who had about 30 years sober and in her early 80's, at the time came up to me after a meeting one night and said "Martin you are really looking much better then you were when you first came in, keep coming back hon." then she gave me a big ole AA hug! That made all the difference in the world to me at that moment, I was really down in the dumps, I felt like hell and was sure I looked the part as well.

One of my sponsee's when he first came in claimed he could not read when I asked him if he would do one of the readings in a meeting so I asked some one else to read and that was that. Well several weeks later we were at a different meeting and some one asked him to read the promises..... reluctantly he said okay. Well I thought to myself "Well he can read, but not very well at all, I had to whisper under my breath a few words he could not read.

Well when he had about 4 months sober we were at another meeting and this time he was asked to read the traditions and he said "Sure." I am thinking to myself "Holy cow, he will never get anonymity or many other words." WOW was I wrong, he nailed it, not a stutter nor a mispronunced word..... then he looked at me & GRINNED!!!!

Yes miracles do happen int the rooms and I am so blessed to be able to observe them as they happen in others.

BTW sobriety has not helped my handwriting!!!!! LOL Heck the shakes may have been a little helpful.