Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Mark75

Hi gg... Welcome.

Why do you find meetings depressing? I did too, actually, at first. I am still not sure if it was the meetings I went to, but I think it was more likely some ambivalence I had about the whole recovery thing. If your meetings seem to carry the message, keep going until you want to.... Now I look forward to going and find them anything but depressing....

I still find myself with time on my hands that I used to fill with drinking... And, like you, I have to consciously fill that time with things that I need to do, want to do (cycling, playing guitar, reading).... but it gets better all the time... and I don't think about drinking so much as I am amazed at how much time I would waste by drinking.

The sex thing... hmm, if it suffered from drinking, how can it do anything but improve by not drinking... yea, it gets a little complicated, it did for my wife and I at first... but... practice makes perfect

Just think about today, not drinking today, just for today. Also, do things today, stay in the moment. As I think about your post, I wonder if you are not projecting into the future a little more than you ought to....

One Day At A Time, my friend...

Mark